Our commitment to you
We, at M&S Bank, have signed up to adhere to a code of practice, created by the British Bankers' Association (BBA), made up of six principles. This code of practice sets out what banks will do when they are notified that someone has passed away.
The Bereavement Principles have been created to assist families and relieve stress around alerting financial organisations to the death of a loved one by simplifying things and providing an even more sensitive service.
The principles are:
- Our team will treat you with compassion and respect when you seek our help and support following bereavement.
- We will provide you with access to practical, jargon-free information and help in our branches, by telephone and via our website. We'll also tell you about other external sources of help available to you.
- When you get in touch to tell us about your bereavement we will respond rapidly, will suppress marketing and start to take the necessary action straightaway. There may be occasions when marketing material arrives because it was already prepared for mailing, but this should only be for a short period of time.
- We will make sure that once you've been in touch, we will notify all relevant teams within M&S Bank and provide you with a point of contact.
- We will provide support to meet your individual needs throughout the process and will work with you to resolve everything as quickly and simply as possible, keeping you informed.
- We will plan carefully to make sure we can consistently provide the best possible service for those who are bereaved.
For further information on the BBA or the principles, visit the BBA website.
Visit us in branch
Notify us online
Write to us
You can send your documents to us at:
PO Box 3849
Calls are recorded for our mutual security, training and monitoring purposes.