Planning a European break? From the bustling backstreets of Rome, to Croatia’s crystal-clear waters, Europe is ideal for a family getaway. But tackling the pre-holiday to-do list can be a little less idyllic – if you could just remember where you stashed those travel plugs…
We like to help where we can, so with M&S Bank, at least ticking off your travel money is easy. We can help you get your euros sorted before you fly, courtesy of our quick, hassle-free service, leaving you with one less thing to worry about.
Why buy euros from M&S Bank?
We offer a number of benefits to help you get the best bang for your buck… or pound.
- Open 7 days a week
- Reserve euros online or over the phone and collect in store
- Exclusive customer exchange rates for M&S Bank cardholders
- Buy euros online for home delivery if you’re an M&S main Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder
- We buy currency back
How to order euros
Working all week before you go away? No problem. Our in-store, online and phone services make things easier, no matter how busy your pre-holiday schedule. That way you can spend your lunch breaks dreaming of that pool-side sangria, rather than rushing about.
- In store – We have bureaux de change in over 120 M&S stores nationwide and many are open seven days a week late into the evening, making it easier to get your euros before you take off.
- Order online or over the phone and collect from a bureau – Use our Reserve & Collect service to order your foreign currency online or over the phone and pick it up from one of our 120 bureaux de change. Your travel money will be pre-counted, packed and ready for collection from the bureau.
Remember to bring photographic ID if you’d like to buy your euros in store or have used our Reserve & Collect service. We accept a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, or EU identity card.
- Home delivery – If you’re an M&S main cardholder, you can order between £100 and £2,500 of euros online or over the phone. If you order before 1pm, we’ll deliver it to your home the next working day. We’ve got your back if you’ve left things a little late…
If you hold an M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard, you can buy your euros online.
We sell the following euro denominations (subject to availability):
€5, €10, €20, €50 and €100
Euro exchange rate
If you don’t have an M&S Bank card you can buy euros at our standard rate in any of our M&S Bureaux de Change.
Our best exchange rates are reserved for M&S Bank cardholders. If you purchase your euros with an M&S card, you won't be charged a cash advance fee as your payment will be treated as a standard purchase.
How to sell back euros
Ending your holiday with spending money to spare? There’s no need to fritter it away on a duty-free perfume or giant Toblerone – we’d be happy to buy your notes back from you. Then you can spend it as you please, whether that’s on groceries or a little treat to combat the post-holiday blues.
- In store – Pop back to one of our M&S Bureaux de Change and we’ll buy back any notes you haven’t used.
- By post – If you purchased your euros online or over the phone, you can return any unused notes to us by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
We’ll refund you at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your euros here.
Countries that use the euro
As the official currency of the eurozone, the euro is used by many countries, such as:
Aland Islands, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Southern Territories, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Portugal, Reunion, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Vatican City.
There are a number of European countries that don’t use the euro, so be sure to check the currency before you travel.
M&S Travel Money services offer not only euros but many other currencies at competitive rates. If you’re planning a trip abroad you can buy your holiday currency and your travel insurance from M&S Bank.