Converting your pounds to Russian currency
Russia is a huge, diverse country, which makes it a fascinating place to visit. Home to strikingly beautiful landscapes, lively cities and steeped in religious, literary and artistic history, there are countless ways to immerse yourself in Russia’s culture. Even hopping on the Moscow Metro is a chance to admire unparalleled grandeur.
Whether you plan to spend your time shopping, indulging in food and drink, or taking in a world-famous ballet performance, the currency you’ll be asked to pay with is Russian ruble.
You could wait and buy your ruble when you arrive. But by sorting your currency out before you leave, you’ll have more time free to explore Russia. With M&S Bank, converting your pounds to ruble is simple.
Why buy Russian ruble with M&S Bank?
- Open 7 days a week
- Buy ruble online and collect in store
- We buy your leftover foreign currency back
How to order Russian ruble
We understand the lead-up to a trip can be stressful. That’s why we’ve made our bureau de change service quick and hassle-free – giving you time to plan the more fun parts of your Russian getaway.
- In store – You can find our bureaux de change in over 100 M&S stores nationwide. Many are open seven days a week and late into the evening, making it easier to buy Russian ruble before you take off.
- Buy online and collect from a bureau – Busy packing before your trip? You can order your Russian currency online with our Click & Collect service. Then, you can collect your money from one of our bureaux de change and it’ll be counted and packed, ready for you to take away. Excludes SameDay Click & Collect.
You’ll need to bring the payment card and photographic ID used to order when you buy your Russian ruble through our Click & Collect service. If you buy in-store you will need photographic ID. We’ll accept a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national identity card (excluding Romanian and Greek national identity cards).
We sell the following Russian ruble denominations (subject to availability): 100, 500 and 1000 ruble
Russian currency exchange rate
The exchange rate can vary – it all depends what day you purchase your travel money. Find today’s Russian ruble exchange rate here, or use our online currency converter to see how much you could get for your pound.
How to sell back Russian ruble
It can feel like a bonus when you return home from a trip with some spare currency. If you didn’t spend all your Russian ruble, we can buy the money back from you when you’re home, saving you from last-minute impulse spending!
- Buy back in store – Just pop into one of our bureaux de change and we’ll buy back the notes you didn’t spend.
We’ll refund your currency at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your Russian ruble here.
And it’s not just Russian ruble we can provide. M&S Travel Money offers many currencies at competitive rates. Remember to buy your travel money and travel insurance policy from M&S Bank next time you head abroad.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.