Converting your pounds to Russian currency
Russia is a huge, diverse country, which makes it a fascinating place to visit. Home to strikingly beautiful landscapes, lively cities and steeped in religious, literary and artistic history, there are countless ways to immerse yourself in Russia’s culture. Even hopping on the Moscow Metro is a chance to admire unparalleled grandeur.
Whether you plan to spend your time shopping, indulging in food and drink, or taking in a world-famous ballet performance, the currency you’ll be asked to pay with is Russian ruble.
You could wait and buy your ruble when you arrive. But by sorting your currency out before you leave, you’ll have more time free to explore Russia. With M&S Bank, converting your pounds to ruble is simple.
Why buy Russian ruble with M&S Bank?
- Open 7 days a week
- Reserve ruble online and collect in store
- Exclusive exchange rates for M&S Bank cardholders
- All M&S Credit, Charge and Budget cardholders can order ruble over the phone for home delivery
- Buy Russian ruble online for home delivery if you’re a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder
- We buy your leftover foreign currency back
How to order Russian ruble
We understand the lead-up to a trip can be stressful. That’s why we’ve made our bureau de change service quick and hassle-free – giving you time to plan the more fun parts of your Russian getaway.
- In store – You can find our bureaux de change in over 120 M&S stores nationwide. Many are open seven days a week and late into the evening, making it easier to buy Russian ruble before you take off.
- Reserve online and collect from a bureau – Busy packing before your trip? You can order your Russian currency online with our Reserve & Collect service. Then, you can collect your money from one of our bureaux de change and it’ll be counted and packed, ready for you to take away.
You’ll need to bring photographic ID when you buy your Russian ruble in store or collect through our Reserve & Collect service. We’ll accept a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, or EU identity card.
- Home delivery – All M&S Credit, Charge and Budget cardholders have the option to order between £100 and £2,500 of Russian ruble by phone for home delivery. If you hold a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard, you can also buy your Russian ruble online.
Even better – order before 1pm and we’ll get it to you the next working day.
To order ruble over the phone, call 0800 363 484. Lines are open 24 hours a day. Calls are recorded.
We sell the following Russian ruble denominations (subject to availability): 100, 500 and 1000 ruble
Russian currency exchange rate
The exchange rate can vary – it all depends what day you collect your travel money. Find today’s Russian ruble exchange rate here, or use our online currency converter to see how much you could get for your pound.
Great news if you’re an M&S Bank cardholder – our best Russian ruble exchange rates are reserved just for you. If you buy your travel money with an M&S Bank card, your payment will be treated as a standard purchase, so you won't be charged a cash advance fee.
You can still buy Russian ruble at our standard rate in any M&S Bureaux de Change if you’re not an M&S Bank cardholder.
How to sell back Russian ruble
It can feel like a bonus when you return home from a trip with some spare currency. If you didn’t spend all your Russian ruble, we can buy the money back from you when you’re home, saving you from last-minute impulse spending!
- Buy back in store – Just pop into one of our bureaux de change and we’ll buy back the notes you didn’t spend.
- Buy back by post – Bought your ruble online or over the phone? You can return your unused notes to us by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
We’ll refund your currency at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your Russian ruble here.
And it’s not just Russian ruble we can provide. M&S Travel Money offers many currencies at competitive rates. Remember to buy your travel money and travel insurance policy from M&S Bank next time you head abroad.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.