How to make a balance transfer
We've made it easy to transfer your store and credit card balances. Simply sign in or register for Internet Banking where you can access our online balance transfer service.
A fee applies to each amount transferred (minimum £5), this will be added to your credit card balance. You should continue to make payments to your existing provider until the transfer is complete.
Online balance transfers
Transfer with a call
You can also apply for a balance transfer by calling 0345 900 0900.
What you'll need
The amount(s) you wish to transfer
The details of your existing card provider(s) including the type of card and the card number
Your M&S Credit Card
What you need to know
- The minimum you can transfer is £100 per balance transfer and you can transfer up to three balances at one time
- We can’t process balance transfers for all cards
- All balance transfers are subject to available credit limit
- If you haven't paid off the amount you transferred after your promotional period ends, you will start paying the standard interest rate for purchases as shown on your statement
- You can request a change to your credit limit at any time. Requesting an increase is subject to status
- If you have other balances on your M&S Credit Card, we will apply the interest rate noted on your statement on that amount. If you don't pay off your monthly statement balance in full each month, your repayment will be used to pay off any balance at the higher interest rate first
What to expect
We will contact your existing card provider to initiate the balance transfer. Once the transfer is complete, the balance will appear on your next statement and your Internet Banking account. A fee applies to each amount transferred (minimum £5), this will be added to your credit card balance. You should continue to make payments to your existing provider until the transfer is complete.
Alternatively call 0345 900 0900 or visit your local M&S Bank branch for more information.
Lines are open 24 hours. Calls are recorded.