Home Insurance Quote
It only takes a few minutes to get a quote for home insurance online. You can then decide to apply for cover straightaway. Before you start, please look at the What you should know before you apply section below.
What you should know before you apply
What you'll be asked for
- The name and date of birth of all applicants
- An email address
- Your address and postcode
- The type of property, what it's built of and when it was built
- Details of any claims you, or anyone living with you, have made in the last 5 years (including dates and the amount and type of damage)
- The model and value of any pedal cycles over £1000
What you need to confirm
- is fully self contained and in a good state of repair
- is not a listed building or subject to a preservation order (if buildings insurance is required)
- is not lent, let or sub-let to any other person and there is no more than one lodger, boarder or paying guest
- is not used for business purposes, unless they are clerical only, and any business callers are by appointment and there are less than 10 per week
- is not left unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days
- does not have a flat roof greater than 50% of the total roof surface area
You and anyone living with you…
- have never had insurance previously refused or cancelled, or had any special terms or excesses imposed by a previous insurer
- have not been cautioned or convicted for any offence other than a motoring offence, and do not have any prosecutions pending (any convictions spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act do not need to be disclosed)
- have not been declared bankrupt or subject to bankruptcy proceedings
- have no single valuable item worth over £10,000 or total valuables that exceed £25,000 if you’re selecting standard cover
- have no single valuable item worth over £15,000 or total valuables that exceed £50,000 if you’re selecting premier cover
Please take care to answer all of the questions honestly and ensure that your answers are accurate and complete. If you don’t, it may mean that we are not able to deal with your claim or your policy may be cancelled.
20% online discount is available on new policies only and not available to customers renewing existing cover and excludes optional extras. Offer subject to minimum premium.
Terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations apply. M&S Home Insurance is underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc.