What is Google Pay and which devices are compatible?
Google Pay is a fast, simple and secure way to pay on websites, in apps and in stores using a compatible Android device. Simply download Google Pay from the Google Play Store, add your M&S Bank Card, and you can transact using Google Pay.
For a list of compatible devices, visit the Google Support page (opens in a new tab).
Where can I use Google Pay and is it free to use?
Google Pay can be used in stores wherever you see these symbols:
M&S Bank won't charge you for using Google Pay, but charges from your mobile network provider may apply depending on your data plan.
Is Google Pay secure?
Yes. When you pay using Google Pay, your actual credit card number is not shared with your payment. Instead, a virtual account number is used to represent your account information, so your card details stay safe, and your information stays secure.
What if my Android device is lost or stolen?
While we hope that never happens, it's a good idea to enable the remote location access for your device in advance, in case you need to search for it.
To enable the remote location access, so that you can remotely lock your device or do a factory reset, take these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Account on your device in order to use Find My Device to turn on the location access from your device's apps menu, open 'Google Settings' and touch 'Security'.
- Under Find My Device, move the switches next to 'Remotely locate this device' and 'Allow remote lock and factory reset' to the 'On' position
- If your phone is lost or stolen, you can find, lock, or erase it using Find My Device . Since Google Pay doesn't store your card details on your phone, anyone who finds or steals your phone won't be able to access that information, even if it's unlocked.
You can also call us on 0345 600 5860 to suspend or remove your card from Google Pay.
Lines are open 8am-8pm 7 days a week.
What should I do if I lose my card?
If you lose your card, please contact us immediately on 0345 600 5860.
If you have a credit card:
- your card will be stopped
- when we issue you with a new card, you won't need to register it with Google Pay again as
your new card details will be updated automatically
- once your new card arrives, you should activate it as soon as possible to continue using
Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What happens when my card expires?
If your card is nearing expiry, a replacement card is automatically issued and the new card details are automatically updated in Google Pay, once you have activated your new card. If the expiry month has passed and you have not received a new card, you will need to contact our Lost & Stolen team.
What happens when I replace or update my device?
If you replace or update your device, you will need to add your card(s) to Google Pay again.
Please ensure that you delete your card(s) details from any device before selling, exchanging, or disposing of them. You should also delete your card if you temporarily pass your device to someone else; for example if you pass it to be repaired.
You can remove a card from Google Pay at any time. Select the card within the Google Pay app, and tap 'Remove card'. You can also go to Find My Device to remotely erase all the data in the device, including your card(s).
Do I need a data connection to use Google Pay?
You will need a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection to add a card to Google Pay. In most circumstances you do not need a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection to transact using Google Pay. However, occasionally you may be required to connect to the internet, for example after a device restart.
Google Pay is a trademark of Google LLC. Android, Google Pay, and the Google logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Using your M&S Bank Card with Google Pay is subject to terms and conditions.