Personal claims manager
No matter the level of cover you choose, if you make a claim, it will be handled by your very own personal claims manager from start to finish, delivering the type of service you'd expect from M&S Bank.Footnote 1**
Uninsured driver protection
It is reassuring to know that you can recover your excess even if you're hit by an uninsured driver.
Full details of vehicles and drivers involved required.
Guaranteed replacement car with premier cover
If you can't drive your car after an accident, fire or theft, we'll give you a hire car for up to 28 days (subject to eligibility), and then a courtesy car after that if required (subject to availability).
Guaranteed replacement car cover options can be added to standard policies.
Child car seat cover
Up to £150 per child car seat. Covered whether damaged or not when the insured car is involved in an accident.
Personal accident cover - for peace of mind
If you or your spouse is injured in a car accident, you could claim up to £10,000 (comprehensive cover only).
£100,000 legal protection with premier cover
If you're in a car accident that's not your fault, your policy provides legal expenses to help you and your passengers claim for uninsured losses. Your legal fees will be taken care of, up to a limit of £100,000.
Breakdown cover included with premier cover
RAC European and UK breakdown cover is included, covering you even if you're a passenger in another car. Optional levels of breakdown cover can be added to standard policies (covers your vehicle only).
Going on holiday? With M&S Car Insurance you can take your car anywhere in the European Union for up to 90 days in any single cover period.
High quality repairs
If your car is damaged and you need to make a claim, we'll arrange for it to go to one of our nationwide approved repair centres. As you'd expect, the work will be carried out to our high standards - we'll even provide a 3 year guarantee.
Premier or standard car insurance cover?
Choose the right cover for you
With premier cover you get additional benefits worth over £400Footnote 4††
- European and UK breakdown cover, worth £388.86Footnote 4††. As it covers you, not just your vehicle, we'll keep you on the road even if you're a passenger in another car.
- Use of a guaranteed replacement car for up to 28 days after an accident, fire or theft (subject to eligibility) worth £30.09Footnote 4††.
- Up to £100,000 motor legal protection to help you claim for uninsured losses, worth £26.29Footnote 4††.
If you don't need all these benefits, you can keep the cost of your insurance down by choosing standard cover which comes with:
- Uninsured driver protection – so you're covered if you're hit by someone else without insurance. You will need to provide a minimum of the make, model, and registration number of the vehicle involved, and the driver’s details.
- 3 year guarantee on repairs carried out by our approved repairers.
- Child seat cover – replacement child seat (up to £150) after an accident.
- £200 personal belongings cover.
You can also add some of the benefits included with premier as optional extras. In some instances it could cost you less to upgrade to premier.
Compare comprehensive premier and standard cover
|Cover benefits||Premier cover||Standard cover|
|Breakdown cover||Included - European and UK cover. Also covers you as a passenger in another car.||Optional - four levels available covering your vehicle only.|
|Uninsured driver protection||Included||Included|
|Motor legal protection||Included||Optional|
|Guaranteed replacement car - subject to eligibility||Included - 28 days||Optional - 14, 21 or 28 days|
|Courtesy car - subject to availability||Included||Included|
|European travel - unlimited trips up to 90 days per cover period||Included||Included|
|Loss, theft, damage and destruction of vehicle||Included||Included|
|Loss, theft, damage to personal property in vehicle||Included||Included|
|Personal accident cover for you and your spouse - up to £10,000||Included||Included|
|Child seat cover up to £150||Included||Included|
|Approved repairs guaranteed for 3 years||Included||Included|
|Claims line with personal claims manager||Included||Included|
* Customers who obtain a quote and purchase a new M&S Car Insurance Premier policy within the quote validity period between 25 July and 6 November 2019 will receive a £40 M&S voucher. This offer is not available to customers amending or renewing their existing M&S Car Insurance Premier policy. Vouchers will be sent to the policyholder within 60 days of the policy purchase date. Vouchers will not be issued if you or the insurer cancel or terminate your policy within 30 days of the policy purchase date. M&S vouchers are only available to new customers purchasing their policy using the M&S Bank website or telephone only, and are not available to customers buying from a price comparison, affiliate or cash back website. M&S vouchers are limited to one per policy and must be used by the voucher expiry date. M&S vouchers are subject to Marks and Spencer plc terms and conditions of use. Vouchers can only be used in store and replacements will not be issued for lost or damaged vouchers. No cash or gift card alternative available. M&S vouchers are not available to customers living in the Isle of Man or Channel Islands. The M&S Premier Car Insurance offer is being administered and managed on behalf of M&S Bank by MBA Group Limited., MBA House, London, N17 0HW.
Footnote 4†† Motor legal protection is £26.29 and guaranteed replacement car is £30.09 based on 28 days, costs based on the add-on prices for M&S Car Insurance Standard Cover. Breakdown cover is provided by RAC for M&S Car Insurance customers, the equivalent cover is not available directly from rac.co.uk. The cost of the equivalent breakdown cover with the AA is £411.54 (this price is based on single personal level UK breakdown cover for £227.88 and all zones European breakdown cover of £183.66 based on a Mini Paceman 2013, manual, petrol). All prices obtained 01 April 2019. Terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations apply and a copy of the full policy wording and complaints procedure is available on request.