Your home is so much more than just the building you live in. It’s the sofa you dream about while on your daily commute, the TV you’re glued to on a Sunday afternoon, and the fully-stocked fridge you can’t wait to raid. Your home is your sanctuary, so understandably you’ll want to do everything you can to protect everything in it.
Unfortunately, accidents are unavoidable despite all our best efforts. But with the right home insurance, you can at least banish the worry and have peace of mind, knowing you’ve done all you can to safeguard your possessions.
Get a quote for M&S Contents Insurance
What is contents insurance and why do I need it?
Contents insurance typically covers any of your possessions that are not a fixed part of your home, such as furniture, electrical items and clothing.
Home contents insurance may not be compulsory, but imagine returning home one day to find your possessions had been lost due to water damage, fire or theft. Your laptop, your bed, the jewellery given to you by a favourite relative, even your clothes – you’d be lost without the things most precious to you, and they could cost so much to replace.
With contents insurance, if anything does go wrong, it could help you replace or repair your possessions while giving you the support you need when making a claim.
Why get home contents insurance from M&S Bank?
The level of cover you’ll receive with a contents insurance policy can vary significantly from one provider to the next. At M&S Bank, our contents insurance is designed to provide you with the protection you need, and our premier policy offers unlimited cover up to the total value of your belongings (subject to inner cover limits, which include contents away from your home, valuables, pedal cycles, money, electronic data downloads, liability, legal expenses and home emergency cover. Full details can be found in the policy wording). Some of the other benefits of a home contents policy with M&S Bank include:
- £40 M&S vouchers when you buy a new combined buildings and contents policy
- Choice of premier or standard cover
- Save 20% when buying a new policy online
- Pay monthly at no extra cost
- New-for-old cover on all replaced contents. This means that no matter the age or condition of your belongings, they will be replaced with a new version. Or, if the item is no longer available, the latest equivalent
- Choice of excess. Our minimum excess for contents insurance is £100
- Flexible claim service. You can choose an alternative settlement instead of replacing or repairing an item
- Cover for pedal cycles at home, with optional cover to help protect your bikes when you’re out and about
- Cover for garden contents
- Cooling-off period. If you decide your insurance deal isn’t right for you, you can cancel it within 14 days of receiving your documentation – as long as you’re not part-way through a claim and have not received payment for a claim
M&S Bank Home Insurance can cover both buildings and contents. Find out more about our building cover here.
What does M&S Bank's contents insurance cover?
M&S Bank’s premier contents insurance offers extensive protection including cover for:
- Accidental damage
- Unlimited contents (inner limits apply)
- Unlimited garden contents, including theft or damage to plants
- Dependent relatives’ possessions – if they are in a nursing home
- Students’ contents while at college or university
- Visitors’ belongings
Looking for a quote?
Get a contents insurance quote today; we only need few details and you’ll have the option to spread the cost of your policy over 10 months at no extra cost.
Get a quote for M&S Contents Insurance
If you’re an existing customer, you can find out how to renew or change your policy, or make a claim by visiting our existing home insurance customer page.
M&S Home Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. Terms and conditions apply.