Explore digital banking
Access your accounts safely and securely at your convenience. Follow our step-by-step guide to set yourself up
To get started you'll firstly need to register for Internet Banking to set up your username and password. To register, you have to be the main account holder – this means it's your name that appears on your statements.
What will I need to register?
If you have an M&S Credit Card you'll need:
- Your M&S Credit Card
- Your credit limit - you'll find this on a recent statement or on the letter that was sent with your M&S Credit Card
- Your email address
If you have an Everyday Savings Account you'll need:
- Your account number and sort code
- Your telephone security number – this may have been set up if you applied over the phone or in branch, if not call 03456 005860*. Lines are open 8am-8pm. Calls are recorded.
- Your email address
2. Download the M&S Banking App
To download our app:
- On your mobile or tablet, click on whichever logo you need to go straight to our app in your app store
- Alternatively, go to the App Store if using an Apple device or Google Play if using an Android device and search for 'M&S Banking App'
- Once there, tap 'Get' or 'Install' to download the app
The M&S Banking App includes a 'Digital M&S PASS', which generates the unique security codes that you'll need to access Internet Banking.
To download the M&S Banking App you need to make sure you have a compatible device. Find out which devices the M&S Banking App is compatible with. We recommend you also use the most up to date operating system your device can support.
What if I don't have a compatible device?
If you don't have a compatible device you can still use digital banking through our Internet Banking service. Simply register for Internet Banking, and when prompted, order a 'physical M&S PASS'. This is a small calculator-like device, sent to you in the post, that generates the security codes you'll need to access Internet Banking. This can take up to 7 working days to arrive and you will not be able to access Internet Banking until you have received it.
3. Set up the M&S Banking App
Once downloaded, to set up the M&S Banking App, please ensure that:
- You're registered for Internet Banking as you'll need your Internet Banking username and password (Not registered? Complete this step now)
- We have a mobile phone number for you – as you'll be sent an activation code by text message.
Then simply follow the steps in the app to get set up.
If you have a physical M&S PASS, you can choose to use this to generate an activation code instead of entering your Internet Banking password and receiving a text message. Once the app is set up, the physical M&S PASS will no longer work.
All done! You’re ready to sign in.
That’s it! You’re now set up to use our digital banking services. You can manage your day to day banking in the palm of your hand using our M&S Banking App or within Internet Banking.