Cover in relation to Covid-19
- Cover for cancellation if you are prevented from travelling because you have tested positive for Covid-19
- Cover for cancellation if you are advised to self-isolate, preventing you from travelling
- Cover for cancellation if you are prevented from travelling due to local lockdown restrictions in the UK*
- Cover for cancellation and abandonment if in the 31 days before travelling, or while you’re away, the FCDO advise against travelling to your destination*
- Cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if you unexpectedly have to quarantine or self-isolate due to catching Covid-19 or being in close contact with someone who has Covid-19 while on a trip*
- Cover for medical treatment if you catch Covid-19 while on a trip**
If you’re ill or have an accident abroad, your medical expenses could be covered up to £10 million.
M&S Travel Insurance will cover you for emergency medical expenses if you catch Covid-19 during your trip abroad.
Subject to policy terms and conditions. Please read the ‘Your health’ section in the policy booklet on existing medical conditions.
Cancelling or coming home early
Claim for unrecoverable costs up to £6,000 if you need to cancel your trip or come home early.
Includes if you have to self-isolate or quarantine before you travel due to Covid-19.
Subject to policy terms and conditions.
You’ll be asked questions about your medical conditions when you complete your quote.
You’ll need to tell us if, in the last 12 months, any traveller has been prescribed medication, received or is awaiting medical treatment, tests or investigations, or have been admitted to hospital for any illness, injury or disease, including Covid-19.
Travel disruption cover
All policies include travel disruption cover as standard. This offers additional protection for non-refundable travel costs.
Insolvency of transport or accommodation provider
This cover offers protection against your transport or accommodation provider going insolvent so you can recover your costs.
Enhance your policy
Baggage – protection if your bags go missing or get damaged.
Winter sports – cover for winter sports and the loss or damage of your sports equipment.
What's not covered
M&S Travel Insurance does not provide cover for:
- Known events; there is no cover in relation to any event, circumstances or incident you knew about (or were reasonably expected to know about) at the time you booked your trip or purchased your policy (whichever is later) and could reasonably be expected to affect your travel plans.
- Costs which are recoverable from your travel and/or accommodation provider/agent, your debit/credit card provider, PayPal, ABTA, ATOL or similar.
- Travelling against Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) advice. This includes advice or measures put in place by governments and local authorities in the UK or abroad.
Please ensure you read the policy booklet for full details on what is and isn’t covered, in particular the Exclusions which apply to the policy.