Converting pounds to Mexican peso
Dazzling beaches, epic mountain views and tacos to die for; we can see why Mexico has taken your fancy. And whether it’s choosing which bikini to relax in on the beach, or packing your camera to snap the vibrant architecture, even prepping for your holiday can be exciting. But are you worried about fitting it all in?
At M&S Bank, we can help you get travel money ticked off your to-do list. With our quick and hassle-free service, you can sort out your Mexican currency before you leave, so the holiday you’ve been looking forward to can start as soon as you arrive in Mexico.
Why buy Mexican currency with M&S Bank?
- Open seven days a week
- Buy Mexican peso online and collect in store
- Get exclusive customer exchange rates if you’re an M&S Bank cardholder
- All M&S Credit Card, Chargecard and Budgetcard holders can order peso by phone for home delivery
- Buy Mexican peso online for home delivery if you’re a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder
- We buy leftover currency back
How to change your pounds to Mexican currency
We make buying your Mexican peso easy. Whether you’d prefer to do it through a bureau de change, purchase currency online or get your peso delivered to your home, our service is quick and simple.
- Visit a bureau – We have bureaux de change in over 120 M&S stores nationwide where you can collect your peso. We keep them open every day and late into the evenings to make it easy for you to find a convenient time to pop in and collect your currency.
- Buy online and collect from a bureau – Using our Click & Collect service, you can order your Mexican peso online, then collect from a bureau de change at a time that suits you. Your money will be packed and ready to go.
Don’t forget to bring the payment card and photographic ID you used to order when you collect your peso. We accept a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, or EU identity card.
- Home delivery – Good news if you’re a M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder – you can order between £100 and £2,500 worth of Mexican peso over the phone. If you are a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard, you can also buy your peso online.
If you order by 1pm, we’ll deliver it to your home the next working day, which is perfect if you’re in a bit of a last-minute rush.
To order peso over the phone, call 0800 363 484. Lines are open 24 hours a day. Calls are recorded.
We sell the following Mexican peso denominations (subject to availability):
50, 100, 200 and 500 peso.
Mexican peso exchange rate
The exchange rate will vary – it all depends on when you purchase your Mexican currency. You can find today’s Mexican peso exchange rate here, or use our currency converter to see how much you’ll get for your pound.
If you use your M&S Credit Card to buy Mexican peso, we won’t charge a cash advance fee as it’ll be treated as a standard purchase. M&S Bank cardholders will also benefit from the best exchange rates when purchasing with your M&S Bank card.
How to sell back Mexican currency
Didn’t spend as many Mexican peso as you expected? You can convert your peso notes to pounds again with us, so nothing goes to waste.
- In store – Visit one of our 120 bureaux de change.
- By post – If you bought your peso online or over the phone for home delivery, you can use Royal Mail Special Delivery to send your leftover notes back to us.
We’ll refund them at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your Mexican peso here.
Planning another trip abroad? At M&S Bank, we offer a wide range of currencies at competitive rates, as well as travel insurance policies to keep you covered during your trip.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.