Buy US dollars
Planning a trip to the USA? Whether you’re sightseeing in Seattle, in Boston on business or grabbing a bargain in the Big Apple, there can be a lot to organise.
But in your rush to get ready for your American adventure, don’t forget to tick travel money off your pre-holiday to-do list. Although it can be tempting to leave it until you’ve touched down in the USA, queuing at a busy airport cash point will be the last thing you want to do after a long flight.
At M&S, we make it easy to buy US dollars before you fly, so your holiday can begin as soon as you step on the plane.
Why buy US dollars from M&S Bank?
- Open 7 days a week
- Buy US dollars online and collect in store
- We buy currency back
- Same day collection available on orders placed before 4pm
How to order US dollars
When you’re juggling work and family alongside your holiday prep, time is never on your side. Luckily, our bureau de change service is convenient and hassle-free, making it easy to order your currency (leaving you more time to daydream about your upcoming trip of a lifetime!)
- Visit a bureau – Our bureaux de change are present in over 100 M&S stores nationwide and many are open seven days a week late into the evening, making it easy to buy US dollars before you take off, no matter how busy your schedule.
- Buy online and collect the next day – Use our Click & Collect service to order your US dollars online and pick them up from over 200 stores the next day. Your travel money will be counted, packed and ready for collection.
- Same day collection – Using our SameDay Click & Collect service couldn’t be easier. Order the amount of US dollars you need online before 4pm and collect in store the same day!
Remember to bring photographic ID if you’d like to buy your US dollars in store. If you have used our Click & Collect or SameDay Click & Collect service, you will need to bring the payment card and the same photographic ID used to place the order. We accept a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national identity card (excluding Romanian and Greek national identity cards).
We sell the following US dollar denominations (subject to availability):
$1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100
US dollar exchange rate
How to sell back US dollars
Didn’t spend all your US dollars? Rather than a last-minute splurge on ‘I Heart NY’ tees and fridge magnet souvenirs, we’d be happy to buy your dollar notes back from you when you’re home. Then, with the cash back in your hand, you could treat yourself to something you really want, to combat the post-holiday blues.
- In store – Simply pop back to one of our bureaux de change and we’ll buy back any notes you haven’t used.
We’ll refund them at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your US dollars here.
Countries that accept US dollars
It’s not just the USA that uses the US dollar. Here are some other places that currently accept this currency:
American Samoa, Bermuda, British Indian Ocean Territory, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guam, Haiti, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Puerto Rico, Timor-Leste, Turks and Caicos Islands and the United States Minor Outlying Islands.
M&S Travel Money services offer not only dollars but many other currencies at competitive rates. If you’re planning a trip abroad you can buy your currency and your travel insurance policy from M&S Bank.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.