Converting pounds to Turkish lira
Jetting off to Turkey? Whether you’re taking in the country’s rich culture in the colourful mosques of Istanbul or enjoying the beach bars of Antalya, there’s plenty to experience in this diverse country.
Before you head off on your trip you’ll need to convert your pounds to lira. Buying your currency from M&S Bank is quick and easy and we offer exclusive rates for M&S Bank cardholders. With a variety of ways to purchase Turkish lira, you can relax knowing your holiday can begin the moment you touch down in Turkey.
Why buy Turkish lira with M&S Bank?
- Open seven days a week
- Reserve Turkish lira online, then collect in store
- Exclusive customer exchange rates for M&S Bank cardholders
- All M&S Credit Card, Chargecard and Budgetcard account holders can order Turkish lira over the phone to be delivered to a home address
- If you’re a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder, you can buy lira online for home delivery
- We’ll buy back your Turkish lira
How to order Turkish lira
Got a little pre-holiday panic? We’re here to help you tick travel money off the to-do list, so you can concentrate on packing for your Turkish getaway.
- Order your Turkish lira in store – You can visit one of our 120+ bureaux de change and order your lira. You’ll find them in M&S stores nationwide, and many are open late into the evening, so you can fit your trip in around your schedule.
- Reserve online and collect from a bureau – Save time and order your Turkish lira online with our Reserve & Collect service. Your order will be waiting for you to pick up at one of our bureaux de change – all packed and ready to go.
Don’t forget to bring photographic ID if you collect your travel money through one of our bureaux de change. This can be a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, or EU identity card.
- Home delivery – Can’t make it to an M&S store before you go away? No problem – if you’re a M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder, you can order between £100 and £2,500 of Turkish lira over the phone for home delivery. If you hold a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard, you can also buy your Turkish lira online.
Place your order by 1pm and we’ll even get your money to you the next working day. That’s one thing less thing to worry about.
M&S Credit, Chargecard and Budgetcard holders can order currency for Turkey over the phone by calling 0800 363 484. Lines are open 24 hours a day. Calls are recorded.
We sell the following Turkish lira denominations (subject to availability):
5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 lira.
Turkish lira exchange rate
The lira exchange rate will change depending on when you purchase. Check the current rate here, or use our currency converter to see how many lira your pound will get you.
If you’re an M&S Bank cardholder, we reserve our best exchange rates for you when you purchase travel currency with an M&S Bank card. And if you buy your Turkish lira with your M&S Credit Card, it’ll count as a standard purchase and we won’t charge you a cash advance fee.
How to sell back Turkish lira
Didn’t spend all your currency while you were away? Instead of a last-minute splurge before your flight home, you can get your lira changed back to pounds with us, giving you more to spend on the things you need when you’re back home.
- In store – We’ll buy back your leftover notes in any of our bureaux de change at the buy-back rate available on the day.
- By post – Bought your Turkish lira online or over the phone? You can return your unused notes to us by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.