Converting pounds to Turkish lira
Jetting off to Turkey? Whether you’re taking in the country’s rich culture in the colourful mosques of Istanbul or enjoying the beach bars of Antalya, there’s plenty to experience in this diverse country.
Before you head off on your trip you’ll need to convert your pounds to lira. Buying your currency from M&S Bank is quick and easy in-store or online with Click & Collect. You can relax knowing your holiday can begin the moment you touch down in Turkey.
Why buy Turkish lira with M&S Bank?
- Open seven days a week
- Buy Turkish lira online and collect in store
- We’ll buy back your Turkish lira
How to order Turkish lira
Got a little pre-holiday panic? We’re here to help you tick travel money off the to-do list, so you can concentrate on packing for your Turkish getaway.
- Order your Turkish lira in store – You can visit one of our 100+ bureaux de change and order your lira. You’ll find them in M&S stores nationwide, and many are open late into the evening, so you can fit your trip in around your schedule.
- Buy online and collect from a bureau – Save time and order your Turkish lira online with our Click & Collect service. Your order will be waiting for you to pick up at one of our bureaux de change – all packed and ready to go. Excludes SameDay Click & Collect.
If you use Click & Collect, don’t forget to bring the payment card and photographic ID you used to order when you collect your travel money at one of our bureaux de change. This can be a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national identity card (excluding Romanian and Greek national identity cards).
We sell the following Turkish lira denominations (subject to availability):
5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 200 lira.
Turkish lira exchange rate
The lira exchange rate will change depending on when you purchase. Check the current rate here, or use our currency converter to see how many lira your pound will get you.
How to sell back Turkish lira
Didn’t spend all your currency while you were away? Instead of a last-minute splurge before your flight home, you can get your lira changed back to pounds with us, giving you more to spend on the things you need when you’re back home.
- In store – We’ll buy back your leftover notes in any of our bureaux de change at the buy-back rate available on the day.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.