Converting pounds to Turkish lira
Jetting off to Turkiye? Whether you’re taking in the country’s rich culture in the colourful mosques of Istanbul or enjoying the beach bars of Antalya, there’s plenty to experience in this diverse country.
Before you head off on your trip you’ll need to convert your pounds to lira. Buying your currency from M&S Bank is quick and easy in-store or online with Click & Collect. You can relax knowing your holiday can begin the moment you touch down in Turkiye.
Why buy Turkish lira with M&S Bank?
- Our stores are open seven days a week
- Order your Turkish Lira online and collect in store
- We’ll buy back your Turkish lira
- Same day collection available on orders placed before 4pm
How to order Turkish lira
Got a little pre-holiday panic? We’re here to help you tick travel money off the to-do list, so you can concentrate on packing for your Turkish getaway.
- Order your Turkish lira in store – You can visit any one of our Bureaux and order your lira. You'll find our Bureaux in M&S stores nationwide, and many are open late into the evening, so you can fit your trip in and around your schedule.
- Buy online and collect from a bureau – Save time and order your Turkish lira online with our Click & Collect service. Your order will be waiting for you to pick up at one of our bureaux de change – all packed and ready to go.
- Same day collection – Using our SameDay Click & Collect couldn’t be easier. Order the amount of lira you need online before 4pm and collect in store the same day.
Remember to bring photographic ID if you’d like to buy your Turkish lira in store. If you have used our Click & Collect or SameDay Click & Collect service, you will need to bring the payment card and the same photographic ID used to place the order – both ID and payment card must have the same name. We accept a passport, UK photographic driving licence and EU national identity card.
We offer a wide range of Turkish lira denominations (subject to availability).
Turkish lira exchange rate
The lira exchange rate will change depending on when you purchase. Check the current rate here, or use our currency converter to see how many lira your pound will get you.
How to sell back Turkish lira
Didn’t spend all your currency while you were away? Instead of a last-minute splurge before your flight home, you can get your lira changed back to pounds with us, giving you more to spend on the things you need when you’re back home.
- In store – We’ll buy back your leftover notes in any of our bureaux de change at the buy-back rate available on the day.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.