Buy Bulgarian lev
Planning a trip to Bulgaria? With scenic mountain views, sandy beaches and affordable food and drink, there’s a reason why the Land of Roses is on so many bucket lists. As one of the cheapest holiday destinations in Europe, your money can go a long way here. But before you start spending, you’ll need to convert your pounds to Bulgarian lev.
At M&S Bank, we can help you get travel money ticked off your to-do list. With our quick and hassle-free service, you can sort out your Bulgarian currency before you leave so your holiday can begin as soon as you land.
Why buy Bulgarian currency with M&S Bank?
- Open every day of the week
- Buy Bulgarian lev online, then collect in store
- Enjoy exclusive customer exchange rates if you’re an M&S Bank cardholder
- All M&S Credit Card, Chargecard and Budgetcard holders can order lev by phone for home delivery
- Buy Bulgarian lev online for home delivery (for main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard and Budgetcard holders)
- We exchange your leftover Bulgarian currency back to pounds
How to change your pounds to Bulgarian lev
We make buying your Bulgarian lev easy. Whether you’d prefer to do it through a bureau de change, buy currency online or get it delivered to your home, our service is quick and simple.
- Visit a bureau – We have bureaux de change in over 120 M&S stores where you can collect your Bulgarian lev. We keep them open at weekends and late into weekday evenings to make it easy for you to find a convenient time to collect.
- Buy online and collect from a bureau – Using our Click & Collect service, you can order your Bulgarian lev online, then collect from a bureau de change at a time that suits you. Your money will be packed and ready to go.
Don’t forget to bring the payment card and photographic ID used to place your order when you collect your currency. We accept a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, or EU identity card.
- Home delivery – Not sure when you can get to a store? All M&S Credit Card, Chargecard and Budgetcard holders can purchase between £100 and £2,500 worth of Bulgarian lev by phone for home delivery. If you’re a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder, you can also buy your Bulgarian lev online.
If you order by 1pm, we’ll deliver the currency to your home the next working day, which is perfect if you’re in a bit of a last-minute rush.
To order currency over the phone, call 0800 363 484. Lines are open 24 hours a day. Calls are recorded.
We sell the following Bulgarian lev denominations (subject to availability): 10, 20, 50 and 100 lev.
Bulgarian lev exchange rate
The exchange rate will vary – it all depends on when you purchase your Bulgarian currency. You can find today’s Bulgarian lev exchange rate here, or use our currency converter to see how much you’ll get for your pound.
If you use your M&S Bank card to buy Bulgarian lev, we won’t charge a cash advance fee as it’ll be treated as a standard purchase. M&S Bank cardholders will also benefit from the best exchange rates.
How to sell back Bulgarian currency
Didn’t spend as much lev as you expected? You can convert your Bulgarian lev notes to pounds again with us, so nothing goes to waste.
- In store – Visit one of our 120 bureaux de change.
- By post – If you bought your lev online or over the phone for home delivery, you can use Royal Mail Special Delivery to send your leftover notes back to us.
We’ll refund them at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your Bulgarian lev here.
Planning another trip abroad? At M&S Bank we offer a wide range of currencies at competitive rates, as well as travel insurance to keep you covered during your trip.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.