Buy Bulgarian lev
Planning a trip to Bulgaria? With scenic mountain views, sandy beaches and affordable food and drink, there’s a reason why the Land of Roses is on so many bucket lists. As one of the cheapest holiday destinations in Europe, your money can go a long way here. But before you start spending, you’ll need to convert your pounds to Bulgarian lev.
At M&S Bank, we can help you get travel money ticked off your to-do list. With our quick and hassle-free service, you can sort out your Bulgarian currency before you leave so your holiday can begin as soon as you land.
Why buy Bulgarian currency with M&S Bank?
- Open every day of the week
- Buy Bulgarian lev online, then collect in store
- We exchange your leftover Bulgarian currency back to pounds
How to change your pounds to Bulgarian lev
We make buying your Bulgarian lev easy. Whether you’d prefer to do it through a bureau de change, buy currency online and collect it from us, our service is quick and simple.
- Visit a bureau – We have bureaux de change in over 100 M&S stores where you can collect your Bulgarian lev. We keep them open at weekends and late into weekday evenings to make it easy for you to find a convenient time to collect.
- Buy online and collect from a bureau – Using our Click & Collect service, you can order your Bulgarian lev online, then collect from a bureau de change at a time that suits you. Your money will be packed and ready to go. Excludes SameDay Click & Collect.
Remember to bring photographic ID if you’d like to buy your Bulgarian lev in store. If you have used our Click & Collect or SameDay Click & Collect service, you will need to bring the payment card and the same photographic ID used to place the order – both ID and payment card must have the same name. We accept a passport, UK photographic driving licence and EU national identity card.
We sell the following Bulgarian lev denominations (subject to availability): 10, 20, 50 and 100 lev.
Bulgarian lev exchange rate
The exchange rate will vary – it all depends on when you purchase your Bulgarian currency. You can find today’s Bulgarian lev exchange rate here, or use our currency converter to see how much you’ll get for your pound.
How to sell back Bulgarian currency
Didn’t spend as much lev as you expected? You can convert your Bulgarian lev notes to pounds again with us, so nothing goes to waste.
- In store – Visit one of our 100+ bureaux de change.
We’ll refund them at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your Bulgarian lev here.
Planning another trip abroad? At M&S Bank we offer a wide range of currencies at competitive rates, as well as travel insurance to keep you covered during your trip.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.
Our currency calculator is a quick and easy way to check our latest foreign currency exchange rates
* Subject to availability
You may also want to
M&S Travel Money Terms and Conditions
You may require Adobe PDF reader to view these documents. Download Adobe Reader