Buy Australian dollars
Planning an Australian adventure? Whether you're planning to backpack cross-country or take in Sydney's iconic Opera House, that all-important holiday admin needs to come first. While deciding what clothes to pack might take some time, converting your pounds to Australian dollars is quick and simple with M&S Bank.
Of course, you can buy Australian dollars when you arrive down under, but it could take up time better spent in the sun! Getting your travel money organised before you jet off means you can enjoy peace of mind and know your holiday really can start as soon as you land.
Why buy Australian dollars from M&S Bank?
- Open 7 days a week
- Buy Australian dollars online and collect in store
- Exclusive customer exchange rates for M&S Bank cardholders
- Buy Australian dollars online for home delivery if you're a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder
- All M&S Credit Card, Chargecard and Budgetcard holders can order Australian dollars over the phone for home delivery
- We buy currency back
How to order Australian dollars
Is your pre-holiday to-do list raging out of control? Our bureau de change service is convenient, simple and hassle-free, leaving you more time to plan your Australian adventure of a lifetime!
- In store – You can find our bureaux de change in over 120 M&S stores nationwide and many are open seven days a week late into the evening, making it easy to buy Australian dollars before you take off.
- Buy online and collect from a bureau – Working all week before you go away? Save time and order your currency for Australia online using our Click & Collect service, then pick it up from one of our bureaux de change that are present in over 120 M&S stores nationwide. Your Australian dollars will be counted, packed and ready to collect. Please bring the photographic ID used to place the order.
- Home delivery – If you are a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder, you can buy your Australian dollars online. If you have an M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard, you can order between £100 and £2,500 of Australian dollars over the phone for home delivery. If you order before 1pm, we'll deliver it to your home the next working day – perfect if you've still got some packing to do...
To order Australian dollars over the phone, call 0800 363 484. Lines are open 24 hours a day. Calls are recorded.
We sell the following Australian dollar denominations (subject to availability):
$5, $10, $20, $50, $100
Australian dollar exchange rate
The exchange rate may vary depending on the day you order your currency. Find today's Australian dollar exchange rate using our online currency converter to see how much you could get for your pound.
Great news if you're an M&S Bank customer – our best Australian dollars exchange rates are reserved just for you. Purchase your dollars with an M&S Bank card and, not only will you get a preferential rate, your payment will be treated as a standard purchase, so you won't be charged a cash advance fee either.
You can buy Australian dollars at our standard Click & Collect rate online, or at our standard bureau rate in any M&S Bureaux de Change if you're not an M&S Bank cardholder.
How to sell back Australian dollars
Rather than resort to a last-minute splurge on boomerangs and fridge magnet souvenirs at the airport, we're happy to buy your dollar notes back from you when you return. Then, why not spend the cash you get back on something you really want, like a new outfit or decorative piece for your home?
- In store – Just pop into one of our bureaux de change and we'll buy back the notes you didn't spend.
- By post – Bought your Australian dollars online or over the phone for home delivery? You can return your unused notes to us by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
We'll refund them at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your Australian dollars here.
Countries that accept Australian dollars
Did you know Australia isn't the only place you can spend your dollars? Here's a list of other places that currently accept the currency:
Ashmore and Cartier Islands, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Coral Sea Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Norfolk Island, Papua New Guinea and Tuvalu.
M&S Travel Money services don't just offer Australian dollars – we provide many other currencies at competitive rates. So next time you're planning a trip abroad, don't forget you can buy your holiday money and travel insurance policy from M&S Bank.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.
Footnote† The Sale rate applies only to Click and Collect orders for Euro and US Dollar placed online via our Click and Collect Service between the 12th September 2019 and 30th of September 2019. Exchange rates will still fluctuate daily during the sale period, but you’ll receive the rate applicable on the date the order is placed. Rates shown when placing your order are sale rates. The offer is subject to availability and not available on Home Delivery or same day walk up Bureau transactions. Click & Collect terms and conditions apply (including maximum order value and ID requirements) M&S Bank is a trading name of Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc. The promoter of this offer is Marks & Spencer Financial Services plc, Kings Meadow, Chester, CH99 9FB.