Converting your pounds to New Zealand dollars
Visiting New Zealand? From rainforests, rolling hills and blissful beaches to the friendly locals and temperate climate, the Pacific Ocean islands are perfect if you want a getaway with a difference. Home to the iconic filming locations of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, you can even live a day in the life of a hobbit and explore Middle Earth while you’re there.
The to-do list for the holiday of a lifetime can be lengthy, but don’t panic. At M&S Bank, you can convert your pounds to New Zealand dollars with ease and tick travel money off your list.
Why buy New Zealand dollar from M&S Bank?
- Open 7 days a week
- Buy New Zealand dollars online and collect in store
- Exclusive customer exchange rates for M&S Bank cardholders
- All M&S Credit Card, Chargecard and Budgetcard holders can order New Zealand dollars over the phone for home delivery
- Buy New Zealand dollar online for home delivery if you’re a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard holder
- We buy leftover currency back
How to order New Zealand dollars
We understand the lead-up to a trip can be stressful. That’s why we’ve made our bureau de change service quick and hassle-free – giving you time to plan the fun parts of your New Zealand getaway.
- In store – You can find our bureaux de change in over 120 M&S stores nationwide. Many are open seven days a week and late into the evening, making it easier to buy your currency for New Zealand before you take off.
- Buy online and collect from a bureau – Busy packing before your trip? You can order your NZ dollars online with our Click & Collect service. Then, you can collect your money from one of our bureaux de change and it’ll be counted and packed, ready for you to take away.
You’ll need to bring your photographic ID when you buy your New Zealand dollars in store. If you have used our Click & Collect service, you will need to bring the payment card and photographic ID used to place an order. We’ll accept a passport, English language photocard driving licence, a UK provisional driving licence, or EU identity card.
- Home delivery – If you’re a M&S Credit Card, Chargecard and Budgetcard holder, you can order between £100 and £2,500 worth of New Zealand dollars over the phone. If you hold a main M&S Credit Card, Chargecard or Budgetcard, you can also buy your NZ dollars online.
Even better – order before 1pm and we’ll get it to you the next working day.
To order New Zealand dollars over the phone, call 0800 363 484. Lines are open 24 hours a day. Calls are recorded.
We sell the following New Zealand dollar denominations (subject to availability): $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100
New Zealand currency exchange rate
The exchange rate can vary – it all depends on which day you purchase your travel money. Find today's New Zealand dollar exchange rate here, or use our online currency converter to see how much you could get for your pound.
Great news if you’re an M&S Bank cardholder – our best New Zealand dollar exchange rates are reserved just for you. And, if you buy your travel money with an M&S Credit Card, your payment will be treated as a standard purchase, so you won't be charged a cash advance fee.
You can still buy New Zealand dollar at our standard Click & Collect rate online, or at our standard bureau rate in any M&S Bureau de Change if you’re not an M&S Bank cardholder.
How to sell back New Zealand dollars
It can feel like a bonus when you return home from a trip with some spare currency. If you didn’t spend all your New Zealand dollars, we can buy the money back off you when you’re home, saving you from last-minute impulse spending!
- In store – Just pop into one of our bureaux de change and we’ll buy back the notes you didn’t spend.
- By post – Bought your New Zealand dollars online or over the phone for home delivery? You can return your unused notes to us by Royal Mail Special Delivery.
We’ll refund your currency at the buy-back rate available that day. Find out more about how to change back your New Zealand dollars here.
And it’s not just New Zealand dollars we can provide. M&S Travel Money offers many currencies at competitive rates. Remember to buy your travel money and travel insurance policy from M&S Bank next time you head abroad.
M&S Travel Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.