It’s easy to get started with our mobile app. First of all, make sure that you are registered for Internet Banking.
If you are unsure of your Internet Banking details, then please visit our ‘Forgotten details’ page for instructions on how to reset these
Video Script - Getting started with the M&S Banking App
Hello and welcome to the M&S Banking App.
In this video we’ll show you how to get started with the M&S Banking App.
It’s a quick and easy way to keep tabs on your account(s) when you’re on the go and is a convenient way to generate a unique security code to access your Internet Banking account using the Digital M&S PASS.
Ok, let’s start.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it and you’ll see that there’s a 3 step process to set up your Digital M&S PASS.
First, enter your Internet Banking username and tap ‘Continue’.
Next, you need to verify it’s you. You can do this using your mobile phone, or by using a physical M&S PASS, which is a small calculator-like device that you may have if you’re an M&S current account customer.
Choose the method that best suits you.
If you select ‘Password and activation code via SMS’, tap ‘Continue’, then enter your Internet Banking password and tap ‘Continue’. On the next screen, tap ‘Send activation code’.
You should receive a text from us with your activation code.
Input this code on the next screen and you’re now ready to create your Digital M&S PASS PIN. You will use this PIN to sign into the app in future and also to generate a sign-in code for Internet Banking.
Alternatively, if you have a physical M&S PASS and want to use this to receive your activation code, then select ‘Physical M&S PASS’ on the verification screen and tap ‘Continue’. You’ll need to use your physical M&S PASS to generate an activation code.
To do this, press and hold down the green button in the bottom right hand corner for 2 seconds to turn on your M&S PASS and enter your PIN. Press the green button again and this will generate your activation code.
Input this code and you’re now ready to create your Digital M&S PASS PIN. You’ll use this PIN to sign in to the M&S Banking App in future and also to generate a sign-in code for Internet Banking.
Once you’ve set up your Digital M&S PASS PIN, the next time you sign in, you can enable face or fingerprint recognition if supported by your device, which will make signing in even easier.
Thank you for watching.
We hope you found this video guide helpful.
Please note - setting up a Digital M&S PASS will replace any existing physical M&S PASS that you may have. You are only able to have one M&S PASS at a time.
The M&S Banking App is compatible with:
- Apple iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, iPod Touch devices running operating system version 10.3 and higher
- Android mobile and tablet devices running operating system version 5.0 and higher
- We recommend you also use the most up to date operating system
Security and protection
Our Digital M&S PASS gives you added protection when you’re using mobile banking. It also allows you to generate a security code, which only you have access to, to sign in to Internet Banking and to verify certain transactions. This is known as two factor authentication, and adds an extra layer of security when you use our digital banking services.
Use your fingerprint or face to sign in to the M&S Banking App
Your fingerprint and face are excellent security devices; no two are exactly the same and you've always got them with you! If you've got an iPhone, iPad, or Android device with a Touch ID or Android™ fingerprint enabled device, you can sign in to the M&S Banking App faster using your fingerprint. If you've got an iPhone or iPad with Face ID enabled, you can seamlessly sign in to the mobile banking app using your face.Find out more
Frequently asked questions about the M&S Banking App
What is my username?
This is your Internet Banking username. If you’ve forgotten this, go to Internet Banking, select ‘sign in’ and click on the ‘Forgotten username’ link
I’ve forgotten my username, password, or security answer. How can I change them?
Visit our ‘Forgotten details’ page for instructions on how to reset your sign-in details.
I’ve forgotten my Digital M&S PASS PIN. How can I reset it?
You can unlock your Digital M&S PASS PIN by completing the following steps;
- Step one: Select ‘Reset PIN’
- Step two: Enter your password
- Step three: An activation code will be sent via SMS
- Step four: After entering your activation code, you will be asked to set up a new Digital M&S PASS PIN number
Which accounts can I view with the app?
You can view balances on most accounts you hold with M&S Bank. You can also see your latest transactions on your M&S current account, M&S Credit Card and if you hold them, your Monthly Saver and Everyday Savings Account
Can I use the same services as Internet Banking on this app?
No, the M&S Banking App allows you to check the balances on most accounts you hold with M&S Bank. You can also see the last 3 months’ transactions on your M&S current account, M&S Credit Card and if you hold them, your Monthly Saver and Everyday Savings Account (up to a maximum of 300 transactions). Additionally, you can make payments and transfers from your M&S current account to payees that you have paid before using Internet Banking.
Will I be charged for using the M&S Banking App?
We won’t charge customers for using the app, however you may be charged by your network provider as the app requires an internet connection. Check your payment plan with your network provider.
Can I have the mobile app on more than one mobile device?
Yes, you can download and use the M&S Banking App on up to 3 different mobile devices.
What if my mobile device is lost or stolen?
- Call us as soon as possible on 0345 600 5860 if your mobile device is lost or stolen and we can temporarily suspend your account access. You may be responsible for unauthorised payments made from your accounts if you haven't kept your mobile or tablet, and your security details, safe.
- If you’ve downloaded the mobile app on more than one device, you can also sign in to the app using one of your other devices and remove the app from the lost device by using the ‘Manage devices’ option within ‘More’.
I am selling my device, what do I need to do?
- Sign in to the mobile app and then you are able to remove the device by selecting the ‘More>’ option within ‘Manage devices’, then click on remove device. Alternatively you can call us on 0345 600 5860.
I’ve got a new phone/device, how do I set it up?
- You are able to have the app in up to three devices
- If you have the app on less than three devices you simply need to download the M&S Banking App from the app store and follow the instructions
- If you have the M&S Banking App on three devices, you will need to sign in to one of the devices and remove the device you no longer wish to have the app on. You will then be able to set up our app on your new phone/device.
You may require Adobe PDF reader to view PDF documents. Download Adobe Reader(opens in a new window)
You may also be interested in
Using your fingerprint or face to log-in to the app
Find out how to setup Touch ID, Face ID or Android fingerprint on your compatible device
Digital M&S Pass
Apple, the Apple logo and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S and other
countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.